- Due to the handmade nature of the paper, A3 and A4 sizes are approximate.
- As this paper is handmade, there will be some batch-to-batch variation. While every effort is made, color, thickness, grammage and other paper properties may vary slightly from one batch to the other. Your paper is Unique!
- ‘Suggested Uses,’ these are recommended uses only. While we make no specific warranties regarding the performance of any paper, we are happy to guide you in matching your needs to the most suitable paper type. We also send A4 samples; if you want to try before you buy!
- The Pure hemp range of papers are composed of 100% hemp
- All papers are pH neutral
- Usable for Handwriting, screen-printing, calligraphy, Inkjet Printing, pastel, and charcoal.
About Hemp Paper
We are so excited because manufacturing hemp paper in Australia is almost nonexistent. So why hemp paper vs. Tree paper? Over 90% of the world’s paper is made from wood pulp! Hemp provides are more reliable, stable and once widely used will be a much cheaper, eco-friendly, sustainable and will produce a higher quality product than that of commercially produced paper.
Hemp is an excellent choice for the production of paper, as it contains an 85% Cellulose. Cellulose is what gives plants their structure. The higher cellulose content, the more suitable it is for paper production as there are fewer chemicals needed to strip it down. Trees only contain 30% cellulose and require a significant amount of handling to be stripped down before being processed into the paper! Did you know that the Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper?
HEMP PAPER WITH A NATURAL DECKLE EDGE
At Hemp Collective we prefer our natural rough (or Deckled edge) to our paper and card. It gives our paper a more unique and natural look which we love, and we hope you do too! As each sheet of hemp paper is handmade, our paper size of A3 and A4 are approximate. Please also check for any bumps or lumps before starting any printing. You can gently work the paper to correct any natural bumps in the sheets.
USED FOR HANDWRITING, SCREEN-PRINTING, CALLIGRAPHY, INKJET PRINTING (professional only), PASTEL AND CHARCOAL ARTWORK
Suggested Uses’, these are recommended applications only. While we make no specific warranties regarding the performance of any paper, we are happy to guide you in matching your needs to the most suitable paper type.
You can try our paper with your home laser printer. However, we recommend testing his before your final print. There are so many printers on the market; it’s hard to say for sure if the paper will print on your one! We are happy to send samples; if you want to try before you buy! (purchase A4 size sheet here include a link)
LETTERPRESS PRINTING (With our recommended local printer)
Our Hemp card and paper are made with our quality letterpress printing in mind.
HEMP RAG FROM OUR BEESWAX WRAPS
We use the waste scraps from our handmade beeswax wraps to make our hemp rag paper.
Additional Reading for you about hemp paper
Beautiful deckled Edge | Professional letterpress card printing available
Thank you for choosing to support an emerging industry of hemp paper production. By using Australian made hemp fiber we are supporting our local hemp industry, right here in Australia (no imports here).